We are excited to announce our first annual scarecrow trail at Veteran’s Park!
Scarecrows in the Park will run for 5 weeks this fall. Businesses, non-profit organizations and community residents will have the opportunity to sponsor & decorate a Scarecrow.
(6 ft fence post and bale of straw provided. Fence post will be secured in ground by Priceville Parks and Rec prior to October 1. Sign designating your spot + straw bale will be at your assigned location on October 1st.)
Decorating your Scarecrow is left to your imagination, creativity and ingenuity; however, the following includes some guidelines we encourage you follow when planning your Scarecrow:
1. Decorations may be purchased or made. Decorations made of cardboard or paper are discouraged unless protected by plastic spray or lamination.
2. We ask that decorations designed to feed wildlife not be used.
3. Decorations should be tied or wired securely to your Scarecrow to resist high winds and vandalism. (Zip ties are encouraged)
4. Items especially attractive to theft should not be used.
5. Your company name/group name will be on the sign we provide.
6. Junior League of Morgan County reserves the right to remove any item on or about the Scarecrow, or the entire Scarecrow if it is deemed by our discretion to be inappropriate. Think “Family Friendly”
7. Power will not be provided.(Mowing still going on at the park) Solar lights are encouraged.
Cost: $75 for organizations, community groups and residents.
$50 for non-profit & school organizations.
Payments are to be made at time of registration. Spots will be assigned closer to October 1. ALL proceeds from the Scarecrow Trail will benefit a local nonprofit dedicated to enriching the lives of Morgan County children. (more exciting details coming soon)
Participants may decorate their Scarecrows beginning Sunday, October 1st. Decorating must be completed by Thursday, October 5th. Please let us know if you cannot have your Scarecrow completed by that date. Participants must retrieve decorations by November 13th, as the Christmas tree trail will begin delivering Christmas trees that week.
Please direct questions to the Junior League of Morgan County at email@example.com.
The Junior League of Morgan County thanks you for participating in our first annual “Scarecrows in the Park.”
The Junior League of Morgan County
P.O. BOX 486
Decatur, AL 35602